For the last several weeks I've been telling everyone how calm and collected I have been feeling. Despite all the pressure that comes along with the house I've felt very comfortable with what is happening. Well, yesterday it all hit the fan. A whole collection of isolated instances converging on us in a synchronicity that would make even the most cunning and violent saboteur proud. Sure, it's all good and well to talk about it, now it is put up or shut up time. So to center myself I agreed to hit an early morning run with a friend this morning. I was in bed near midnight last night. Keelyn and Krevan took turns making sure Ricki and I didn't sleep too deeply and we were up at ridiculous hours like 1am, 2:30ish and I think about 4:am. Then I was up at 5 so I could be at the trail head on time. We ran on a series of hogback ridges which allowed us to enjoy the view of Fort Collins in the darkness of pre-dawn, twilight, then a beautiful sunrise. It was a perfect morning for a run, and we managed nearly 15 miles. Now, after a day of work, packing, and troubleshooting, I'm not sure I'll make it to sunset. Wow, what an experience. We are still moving forward, and it will all work itself out. But for now on I'm keeping my mouth shut and simply walk the talk.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
amen Bard. We're doing different stuff, but amen. You're a good man to keep walking--running in fact.
Post a Comment