Today was our last day in the condo. We have been working for the last three weeks to get everything moved out and into the storage unit. We have a 5 week gap between moving out and then taking possession of the new place. Ricki has been an absolute champ, working around the clock to pack everything. As it usually happens I got real busy with work right about the same time we needed to get serious about packing so I was little to no help during the day then I would jump into action in the evenings and cart loads of stuff to the storage unit. Today, standing in an empty place I reflected for a moment. When we moved in it was only 3 of us and the place felt pretty big. Brig was 2 and I was in graduate school. During our stay we have brought home two new children, graduated, got a job, lost a job, became certified fitness instructors, consulted long distance, started new careers, made friends, made pizzas, BBQ'd in all weather, got snowed in and nearly blown away. For a moment today I was a bit sad. So many memories. But as I look forward to the future I am excited about making more memories and a new home. Because in reality, my home is where my family is, and in that I feel truly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aww it is sad, the only home they've really known so far and they won't even remember it later. Wish I could have been there to help, but then you wouldn't know which box i put it in and you would have been frustrated, so i guess it's just better to do yourself! And kirk is always busy right when we need him, it's how life works!!
Great memories in the old home portend great memories in the new one!!! Looking forward to visiting!
Post a Comment