It is tough being a Dad. Its a balance of tough/kind, realistic/optimistic, fun/disciplined..... you get the idea. One minute I'm trying to patiently teach my 7 yr old lessons of life and figure out how to answer his questions about why I have to work etc. The next moment I'm wishing for everything I've got that he could win the raffle at school that he so desperatly wants to win. Compounding this problem is my own childish desire to run and play.....or simply run. Working from home doesn't help because the boys' only reference to sitting at the computer is when they are playing game and looking at Lego toys, so Dad must obviously be playing all day long. "Why does Dad sit at the computer all day?" Sigh. I've got really good kids, they are all beautiful in their own ways and it is a day-to-day adventure.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
There is no school out here today and Elle comes in my room this morning and asks where Dad is. I said work, and she looks very confused, but we don't have school today so doesn't he stay home?? Umm no thats not the way it works, much as he'd like to!
Post a Comment