I'm beginning to wonder if my children are a result of my obsession with Calvin and Hobbes when I was younger. Is it possible that somehow all that mischievous energy was absorbed by my brain and then transferred genetically to my sons? Today Brig cut his own hair. This is a classic moment for parents and rather than get mad I wanted to laugh. I had to hold it in because he was rather proud of himself. Brig has started taking an interest in himself which I assume is normal development. He wanted to comb his hair and I left him alone in the bathroom (my mistake) and a few minutes later he comes out saying "Dad, I cut my hair." Huh? I wasn't sure I heard him right. I led him back to the scene of the crime and sure enough, there were chunks of his hair. He was very proud of himself, he got the hair wet, combed it down, and cut the long strings. It isn't that noticeable? Is it?
4 comments:
umm oh boy! I think it soo funny he cut the wave off his hair! And you are sooo lucky he waited until after picture day! Elle had a knot in the back of her hair so she cut it off! When I put her in 2 pig tails she has a inch long section of hair on her crown that just sticks out! Hilarious! We made her pinkie promise to not do it again, we explain haircutting is for professionals! You did the right thing, smile and take a picture! HE is beautiful anyway!
TAY DID IT TOO! I wasn't home and all I get was a picture message from Cord's phone with a pile of hair!!! i freaked!!!!!!! It is still growing out. the worst part of her hair cut was she cut the MIDDLE of her bangs! I feel your pain., But i didn't laugh- i yelled when i got home. hahahaha!
That is so funny!! I think you should just leave it-- it could be the start of something new (although I guess it's not new for kids to just hack off their hair!). SOOO very excited about the little monster in the right corner!!!
I am SO stealing that hairdo.
Post a Comment