Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Reading Assignment

So, 1. In anticipation for the inevitable trip to the movie theater to take Ricki to the Twilight movie that will be coming out (and because I hate reading the book after the movie if I can help it), 2. In recognition of several friends who were "Men Enough" to admit they had actually read the Twilight series and 3. because I had nothing else to read, I decided to do the same and check out what all the hype was about. I admit that it has been very entertaining. The reading is easy and she seems to have an "elemental" writing style that I like. Reading it as a "guy" makes it a bit different as I can identify with both Edward and Jacob. Even though I didn't read it just because Ricki suggested it, I thought she would like it if I read something she likes. I've tried other books she recommended but I've liked this the best. Maybe I'll talk her into reading The Hobbit before the movie gets close.

4 comments:

ken said...

Way to stand by your woman. ken

Parnell's said...

Don't I have the best Husband Ever!!! I think so!
Ricki

judy Parnell said...

Boys-maybe you will tell you dad that he will like it too!
:-) Mom

Chari said...

I don't know if I'm allowed to say this, but Joe read the first 3 before I did! I had a hard time getting over the vampire thing, so I resisted for quite a while ... Anyway, good for you!