Friday, July 25, 2008

Take me out to the ball game.....

Ricki and the boys came with me to Washington this week to support me at my race on Saturday. We were given tickets to go see the Mariners play at Safeco Field (thanks guys!) and had a great time. I'm not sure if it was the $40 parking, the $5.00 hotdogs, the streaker in the 9th, or the 1.5 hours of sitting traffic but it was great. It brought back memories of my Dad taking me to Giants games at Candlestick Park. While the boys were a bit young to really appreciate being at the game and the Mariners lost to Boston it was fun to eat hotdogs, tank down large sodas, and watch the vendors throw peanuts out to customers. Ricki who is not by nature a baseball fan enjoyed herself a great deal. We all agreed that being there at the stadium is a whole different ballgame.










3 comments:

Taylor's mom said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. Tyson is jealous but he also said you left when the game was tied. That's a no-no in his book! Ü
Glad you enjoyed it!

ken said...

I love going to gasmes too. Although the huge crowds and traffic really get to me at times. I always love seeing the boys in there matching CSU apparel. Good luck on the run and on the recovery after! ken

Bonnie said...

Cute picts!! I love how Brig looks like he's trying soo hard in the 1st picture! We have not taken the boys to a game yet, I don't want to deal with the crowd, but you are right it's probably worth it!! When are you putting up the sick pictures of you after the 50 miler???