My alarm went off Saturday morning just a touch too early. I was still tired from too little sleep and the prospect of heading out to run for hours didn't improve my predawn mood. But the ever present knowledge that my first 50 mile race is only weeks away I knew I would regret it if I didn't get the run in.
I decided that if I had to get out I would go somewhere new. It isn't difficult to find new places when you have to run that long. I explored the Poudre River Trail and managed to come upon this excellent bridge at about 12 miles. Although the timer wasn't long enough for a proper self portrait the combination of the bridge lines, and the low angle made it my favorite for the day.
This is my new favorite bridge. The river was very high because of spring run off and several heavy rains the day before. I managed to get through the day and hit my goal of 35 miles. The new scenery helped me keep my mind off the running and in my books finding new places always makes for a good day. So rather than taking my nerdish approach to running to a new level by publishing a "Running" Blog, Ricki suggested that I keep it to a minimum by publishing my favorites on the family blog. Remember you don't need to run 35 miles to explore. So get out, do something, and enjoy.
3 comments:
that is awesome bridge! where is that?
That is a bridge across the the Poudre River in north Fort Collins/LaPorte.
i don't think it's nerdy to post your run log! It's inspiring! and I think the picture is perfect! great spot
Post a Comment