Tuesday, October 2, 2012

RRR 2012

This year's Run Rabbit Run 2012 went much better than last year. No rain, no snow, no gale force winds. I had an awesome day and finished the run in 11:02. But the run was only part of the fun. Ricki and the kids were a great support and make finishing so wonderful.

At the halfway point at the top of Rabbit Ears Peak. 
Running into the 28 mile aid station with the boys.


Getting some calories in and hugs from the boys. 

Finishing!
Walking back to the hotel to take ice baths and go get dinner. 

We also managed to have some non-running related fun in Steamboat Springs. The weather was beautiful and the trees were all turning. Ricki did a great job finding fun things for everyone to do that required little walking on my part.

We hiked down to Fish Creek Falls.
Ricki and I at the bottom of the falls

Kre on the alpine slide

Brig on the alpine slide (highlight for the boys)

Goofing around before heading home. I think that's Mt Werner in the background (first climb of my race)



0 comments: