Friday, May 20, 2011

Today

I've been growing my coaching business and working with several career individuals as well as people who are simply struggling a bit. One of the key focuses I have in my approach is not to dwell on the past. Yes we all have issues. Yes we have all struggled and made mistakes. We can discuss yesterday until the cows come home without really moving forward. Similarly, spending all our time wishing or thinking about tomorrow will result in many wasted today's. I've been dragging my feet signing up for a fall race. I really wanted to do a 100 miler but I'm just not sure i'm in a spot to commit to the training. So instead I was going to do a 50. But my indecision was causing me to hold out. Now the 50 I wanted to do is full. I signed up for the waiting list, but that just doesn't drive me as much. So just do it today. Don't wait until tomorrow to make that jump, take that risk or step up and make the change you know you need to make.  

I keep saying I'm going to post more often - usually "later". So here I am, posting now.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I'm glad you are back on the blog radar!

Judy said...

I love reading your posts, I feel connected...

soybeanlover said...

You have inspired me. I needed to do the dishes, but now I can go to bed at a reasonable hour. Probably not what was expected, but helpful. Thank you.