Ricki and I are both avid physical fitness nuts. Not only do we work out but we like to work out. While I think we are both in arguably good shape neither of us are really where we want to be. So in the spirit of friendly competition we have decided to participate in a physical challenge.
Once I read the training regimen of am athlete I thought of as very fit. He spent an average of two hours a day training. Ricki recently met someone who came to her kickboxing class who says she trains two hours a day. Magical coincidence? Possibly. Madness? Some would say so.
So, for a month we will both be shooting for as many days possible (6 days a week) of two hours a day training. There are minimum requirements for the activity, rules and we are deciding on a prize - and potential tie-breaker.
It is friendly competition that ends up bringing us together multiple times of day to talk about progress and remaining time for the day.
This means early mornings - Ricki more often than I right now, and late nights - more often me.
Officially 4 days in and we are tied. I think it will come down to endurance.
I know what you are thinking... If we tightened up our diet we wouldn't need two hours a day - but I really like to eat.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Friendly Competition
Posted by Parnell's at 3:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I too enjoy eating! I have known a few women who are at the gym for 2 hours and I wouldn't say they look amazing, so it can't only be time. I think you're intensity and workout knowledge will make your 2 hours more effective then the normal lay person!
i think this is a good idea. in fact i think its a little overdue to be honest with you. you were both starting to look a little chubby.
Have a great visit with Ken in Utah!!! I'm still laughing at his insightful comment!
Post a Comment