Several years ago, when I first started my commute to Washington for work, I often found myself exploring new trails to run around Sammamish, Issaquah, and Redmond. On one particular day I was enjoying the warmth of a sunny day and the soft dirt that makes up most of their densely wooded trails when I was suddenly and without provocation attacked by a malicious - bloodthirsty owl. It is a funny story. However, ever since the incident whenever the Halloween decorations come out I find myself eating off the owl plate. Ricki smiles (and chuckles) every time and I do mean every time she hands it to me. I don't get a choice of plates, no matter what - I get the owl plate.
I hope the owl still laughs about it.
5 comments:
I still laugh about it :)
I remember that story. I am laughing right now! And I can picture Ricki laughing when she gives it to you.
I'm laughing reading this post, and it is very true. I can't get that plate out with out a smile and a laugh! :)
this is still one of my favorite stories as wekk!!
LOL here too! It's a great tradition Ric and Bard! Ask the Ranck's about their Halloween plates....:)
Post a Comment