Sunday, August 2, 2009

Post Event Slum

You know how after you go on a great trip or do something really fun it is always hard to get back to reality? This last trip was especially hard for me to come home from. Ricki and I took Keelyn to Washington for my little sister's wedding. All of my brothers and sisters were there with their spouses...and prospective spouse. Ken and Kris also brought their new kid, Cole. We had a blast. Yes it was a bit crazy getting ready for and conducting all the wedding activities. Yes I hurt both of my arms wakeboarding and I still can't fully use either of my hands. Yes I managed to eat way too much, but I absolutly loved being there and hanging out with everyone; late night Thai, boating, soda runs, cards, brownies......,the wedding, meeting Kirk's "sexy shad" ;) Then I come home. I had just talked myself into being happy to be home when I found out my hot water heater was broken. So now I'm home and I'll tell you that cold showers do not help the mood any. But work is picking up, I'm going for a long run tomorrow, and family will be joining us in two weeks for the baby blessing. Plus the boys were very excited to see us, or at least to see Keelyn and their surprises.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

I am in the same slump big time! I've only been back for a few hours and I have skid marks from the trip big time!! I miss you all so much! I'm thrilled you're getting some more contracts!!