Saturday, July 18, 2009

Mt Timpanogos

I got to run Mt Timpanogos in Utah today. It was supposed to be 105 Degrees today so I was up at 5, on the Timpooneke trail (which is my favorite) by 6:30. Despite the early start the parking lot was completely full with people parked all over the place. Someone must have just left and luckily there was an open spot.

I had to pass several large groups of boyscouts and others but it was worth it to be out on the trail and running hard. The trailhead is near 7000 feet and the peak tops out at 11,750 so it is just under 5000 feet of climb over the 7.5 miles to the top.
I got lots of comments as I ran by, some nice and encouraging, others less thoughtfull. But how can you get mad at anyone while enjoying trail like this. Despite the occasional bottlenecks (the ranger told me when I finished there were nearly 200 people on the mountain) I still set a personal record for the run up to the top and back to the parking lot.
It was a fantastic day and beautiful at the top.


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

that freakin rocks!!! You are my hero!! And I LOVE the picture of at the top with the mountains in back of you, print it off to look at on your bad days!!

Taylor's mom said...

You amaze me (us)! Tyson would love to live down there again so he could climb Timp. I get heart palpitations just looking at it (from the last time I did it). My blood sugars were all over the place and I didn't know it and it was the first time Tys and I fought while dating! Pivotal moment for us. Ü
I really do wish I loved doing that because I love being outdoors and looking at the pictures you took make me want to be there, until I'm there.
How's the family???
Baby girl got you all wrapped around her tiny finger yet?