There are moments in life that define you, there are moments in life that pass silently in meditation and then there are moments in life that just deserve a deep down, shake your body till it hurts, belly laugh.
Life for us has been similar to many of yours. Surprises, some pleasant and some not so pleasant has made life unpredictable and at time difficult. We have nursed two boys with broken bones through pain and healing, consoled each other when the bills came in, (since when can an anisthesiologist charge $500 for putting a kid under for 24 minutes?) and in general, dealt with what came. Of course, Murphy takes hold of life and throws it at Ricki, especially when I am out of town working (flat tire - previous post)
Ricki has been very sick, as she always is when she is pregnant, but despite the illness, pain and suffering she is going through she has been making serious efforts to maintain service around the home.
The other day while getting the boys ready for bed I found a pillowcase which looked like it had been burned with a torch. I considered for a moment that the boys like me had pyro tendancies. Ricki gave me a guilt look and admitted that early (dark AM) the morning before Kre wouldn't go back to bed so Ricki thought if she warmed up his pillowcase he would go back to sleep, but since the dryer wasn't quick enough she tried to microwave it...... Note to self, don't microwave pillowcase. Thanks Ric for letting me sleep that morning, and for the good laugh later.
A day or two later I was working late and Ric, despite the fact that she was hurting and very tired came home from kickboxing class and started making pancakes. It was unfortunate moment when the spoon hit the blade in the blender and we ended up with wheat pancake batter all over the kitchen. Ricki looked like she would cry for a second but joined me instead for a good laugh.
Despite pain, despite sickness, despite frustration Ricki still finds ways to get through it and make us all laugh. She always looks for ways to help out and keeps us all going.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Burnt Pillowcases and Exploding Blenders
Posted by Parnell's at 5:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm crying out of totaly empathy! It hurts it's so close to my life! My blender just exploded while I was chopping soup, no idea why, i'm having a moment of silence on my blog for it. And the other night Connor's ear was hurting so i put a towel in the microwave to warm it up and it caught fire and filled the kitchen, thus the house with smoke, so don't feel bad, alas I make ALL the same mistakes!
Sometimes all you can do is laugh about things like that...we can totally relate.
I was DYING laughing when I read this!!!!! I can just imagine the thought process at early hours of the morning for me, and throwing a pillowcase in the micro would certainly seem the best route to me also!
Even though this happened to me I still laughed with tears reading it. Thanks Bard!
Post a Comment