Why is it that January is the most difficult month of the year? Statistically speaking it is the hardest, darkest, coldest month and has the highest suicide and depression rates. (Note to Ken, when you open up shop, advertise heavily through the holidays then open Jan 1).
I admit that I gave into the whole psychology of it for a time. It was difficult to get out of bed and the allure of sub freezing temperatures and darkness strangely don't inspire me to get up and run early. I didn't want to read, write, work or play.
Perhaps it was the multiple broken bones (and all the fun that is associated with them), perhaps it was the short days and cold temperatures but this January felt hard.
BUT, I have caught a glimpse of light. Ironically it happened while running in 22 degree, before sunrise and in a heavy fog. Change comes and goes. The roller coaster has to to make the slow bumpy ride to the top peak in order to enjoy the rest of the ride. I feel as if I have crested that peak and am now speeding down the tracks, arms raised and screaming.
Nothing has changed. It is still January. I still have two kids in casts. I still have to pay taxes and work. But today I am enjoying it none the less. It is a glimpse of sunshine. I'm going to enjoy the ride and hopefully improve my attitude.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Caught a Glimpse of the Sun
Posted by Parnell's at 5:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Darling you inspire me. I am deep in the January funk and I will cling to the hope that it merely because it's Jan and not just because I am so happy with everything here. But I am not going to go running outside at 22 degrees! Maybe I will go to the gym this week though, so i'm running with excitment and not for the border!
I feel EXACTLY the same way about January. I hate it!!!!! At least we are more than half way through! Sorry that we couldn't connect while you guys were here for Christmas. Hopefully we will get to see you sometime soon!
Post a Comment