Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Own Advice

Ok, I realize that my social faux pas don't rival my infamous sister but sometimes it's good to publish our blunders in order to keep humble and count our blessings. Tonight I was working from my home office (at the end of the dinner table) while Ricki ran some quick errands. The boys (Perses & Thanatos) were running amok in the living room. They were using two large exercise balls to inact their own version of sumo wrestling. The problem with this is Brig is still much larger than Kre, but Kre thinks he is as big as Brig. No matter how many times they ran at each other Kre ended up on the ground. (What's the definition of insanity?) Finally deciding it was getting out of hand I stepped in to end the bout before someone got hurt. Then I asked them to quit. Then I told them to stop. Then I told them unequivocally they will stop or else. Finally after a rather explosive collision (unsanctioned, I might ad) which resulted in a crying 2yr old I got angry yelled at Brig and put him in time out. Brig started crying and I told him (firmly with sightly elevated voice) to "Shut your mouth". (Sigh) Now when Brig yells, or I get after either of them, or Kre gets mad, Kre yells "Shut your mouth." Except it doesn't sound like that. Phonetically it sounds more like "Sha-r-mouf". Hard not to laugh because he is very serious (curly haired toe-head with big cheeks and pouting lips serious? Yeah right). Perhaps I should take my own advice and simply shut my mouth.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

You are right it is soo hard to not smile in those situations!! I was trying really hard to not smile in a meeting with MAtts teachers today! Everynight I see all the things I did wrong and know I could do better and try to not get down about it, just do it a little better next time. Also it is not just you, 2 boys really push buttons!!

Becky said...

Good choice in Greek gods :)