I wrapped up my official '08 race schedule in style, completing my favorite fall trail marathon, the Mid Mountain Marathon in Park City Utah for the fourth year in a row.
The course travels from Deer Valley Resort to the Cayons Resort along the Mid Mountain Trail. Climbing, decending, single track, aspens, and rocks.
I fell short of my PR but loved the day and the race. Only 5 weeks off my first 50 the Mid Mountain was a celebration of being healthy enough to run the trail. Ricki (despite being sick) accompanied me to the start as usual (then fell asleep in the car in the mall parking lot).
Thanks Ric! She's probably glad the racing season is over. I missed having my brother along. Marshall, who just recently returned from another very successful trip to the World Haidong Gumdo Championships in Seoul Korea ran the Mid Mountain the last two years. Unfortunatly the schedule wouldn't allow it this year....looking forward to the reunion tour. Thanks to the in-laws and my boys who always show up and cheer me to the finish.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey thats a cool medalion! I'm very impresed you could run that far that soon after your 50 miler!
You both look so good!
It's not the time that counts it's the effort! And boy did you put in the effort. I mean how many people do you know that can go out and run a marathon right after a 50! You did AWESOME!!! Your still my hero!
Ricki
Post a Comment