Sunday, May 11, 2008

Fathers & Sons Campout

It just so happened that the Fathers & Sons Campout fell on a weekend that I was in Colorado. This was Kre's first campout and he loved it. It started with McDonalds in the car in Estes CO, setting up the tent in the rain, and very cold temperatures that night (27 degrees). Luckily the boys had their sleeping bags, Grandma's quilts, and hats to keep them warm. We had a great evening visiting with friends, Kre and I went on a walk while Brig ran around like a wild man with his friends. The temps dropped quick and the boys got a lesson about insulation layers, stuffing your clothes in the bottom of your bag, and falling asleep in the rain. I loved every minute of it. Makes all the work worth it.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

YOur pictures are adorable!! our father son campout was this weekend and it totally poured as well!! And MAtt threw up all night which added to the excitment! but you have us hands down on temperature! it looks like they still had fun and slept well anyway!

judy Parnell said...

I love the sleeping angel pictures and Kre taking off down the road! Bonnie is right, they are all darling! I love seeing all this-feels connected! Did you get pictures of making first freezer jam?? Mom/Judy

ken said...

Following the ways of the pathfinders. They both look so healthy and happy! I loved the slide show. I miss them. You two are fun parents. We appreciate having such great examples in our family of husbands, wives and parents.