Sunday, March 30, 2008

Green Lake Dizzy Daze 50k

I ran my first official Ultra Marathon distance run this weekend (50k or 31 miles...we went a bit long for 32 miles) in Seattle. I ran it in 4:43:12. Mom and Dad stopped by for the end and took pictures for Ricki (who really wanted to be there). This was the ugliest section, through a parking lot. The rest was a beautiful trail around Green lake. It was only 3.2 miles long so we had to complete 10 laps.


My sadistic ritual of ice baths was enhanced by the beautiful view. All the rowers (who had just finished their workout) were making jokes about people who run for 5 hours then stand in near freezing water. But nothing beats it for a quick recovery. Besides once you are numb it really isn't that bad. The excellent logo and shirt. Why do I do this? For the shirt of course.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

you are sick, sick, sick!! but the teeshirt is awfully cute!!