This is not a "My Child is an Honor Roll Student" moment. This is a self-reflective moment. Brig is a very high energy child. He is high emotion, and more than once people have casually started talking about ADHD kids to see if I would take the bait. Forget it. He is a 7yr old boy. He is supposed to be high energy. Show me a kid who loves to sit quietly all the time and I'll show you a poster child for the drug-induced, semi-coma state that our society believes are "easier" for people to manage. Sorry, off my soapbox. Back to Brig. Sometime...ok most of the time homework is like pulling teeth and I wonder if he even gets anything because all that is reflected in those eyes of his while we do homework is his desire to be doing something else. Spelling words are especially traumatic for our family. I think the only thing that gets my blood pressure higher than spelling practice is the kids bedtime. Just this morning Brig fought practice and was mis-spelling words. What happens when he gets hone today? He tells me he got 100% on his test. Including the bonus words. Not that I'd call him a liar, creative, but not a liar. So he pulls out the test an sure enough 100%. So what is the self-reflection? Maybe my son gets more than I give him credit for. He is probably smarter than I was (despite more video game time than I got at his age) and I will have to accept that a great many things may come easier to him than it did me. High five Brig.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thats awesome!! Just keep telling yourself that it is soaking in!! I loathe studying for spelling tests!!
Wimps...J/K sorta...It's FUN! Rainbow letters! Hugs! Good Job! Rhythms! Ok, I hate the sentences...
Post a Comment