Once again I managed to sneak back to Park City Utah for my annual dose of the Mid Mountain Marathon. Perhaps I love it so much because it was my first real trail marathon. Perhaps it is the beautiful course or slew of other trail nuts I get to run it with: but whatever the reason I love this race. For five years running now I have run the race (since the race's inception) and every year we have had fantastic weather. It is cold, slightly chilly at the starting gun, but warms up nicely just about the time I'm finishing.
This year my goals was to go out and race hard. I think I may have pushed the first 5 miles a bit harder than I should have and really had to focus to keep tempo the rest of the day. I managed to stay on my feet, although I did witness several horrible falls. I didn't set a new PR, finishing nearly 3 minutes behind my best time but I had a great race and finished in a respectable 18th out of 160+ runners. Best of all Ricki was there cheering for me at the finish (with Keelyn), like she does every year. This year Becky and Jameson were there as were our dear friends the Hulls (Ryan, Jen, Sadie, and Wade). Afterwards we went to lunch at Cafe Rio and walked around the outlets. Thanks Ricki for supporting me, thanks friends and family who tolerate me. Next year I vow to break my PR and really fly through the course.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Mid Mountain Marathon 09
Posted by Parnell's at 4:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is AWESOME!! 18th sounds amazing to me!! I think I'd do better waiting at the end for you to cross the finish line then to actually, shudder, run it!! Congrats on all the hard work and your fantastic wife!!
So I just noticed that I forgot to comment-- CONGRATS! What an accomplishment. So where are you guys? (missing your posts here in the blogging world)... Whatcha been up to Ric?
Haha... I was going to say whatcha been up to 'besides being a mother of 3', but then I rethought that... probably don't have much down time, huh. I can't imagine...
Anyway, well hope you're all doing well, and would still love to hear about/ see what you're doing! :)
Post a Comment