Saturday, October 4, 2008

Unofficial Blue Sky Marathon (Saturday Wave)

The Inaugural Blue Sky Marathon in Fort Collins Colorado is being held on Sunday October 5th 2008. Winning the "unofficial, unsanctioned, unregulated, Saturday wave" of the Blue Sky Marathon Bard Parnell completed the course in an unofficial time of 4:20 good enough for 1st place overall (out of a field of 1). Bard had this to say about the course. "And people ask why I love to run. Just look at this course, set in the beautiful Fort Collins foothills, this is a chance for local runners and visitors to enjoy incredible mountain trails. You get very runnable single track, rocky technical sections, steep ascents, and breathtaking views." When asked about his performance Bard said "Well, the interval workout on Towers Road the day before was probably not the smartest choice I've made, but today was about enjoying the course and being thankful that I can run it. Taking the overall prize was just gravy." For those of you who don't get to run these trails or the Blue Sky event, the slide show gives you a glimpse of the natural splendor this course encompasses.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

YOu are soo funny! I think it's lame they only have a Sunday race and I think it's great you went ahead and ran it on Saturday! It just shows how crazy you are, not only running that far, but running on your own! Congrats on your 1st place!! Did you get a teeshirt??

judy Parnell said...

Thank you for the pictures- I see sunshine and flowers and that makes me happy! We have glorious rain and falling leaves and wind with power bumps-as your musical background music says-"Take me away"
Love, Mom Great race Bard!