I ran today. (Stop your laughing) I know, I run a lot I admit it. But if you have to be addicted to something it might as well be something healthy right? Strange ideas have begun creeping into my mind as I transition into the winter months. My favorite trails are not as accessible and sub freezing temperatures and icy roads are often less than ideal running conditions. I still do it. I've found ways to keep my IPod from freezing (yes it has happened, it was actually the battery that was freezing up. Did you know that super cold temperatures shortens the lifespan of batteries?) as well as the tube on my hydration pack. Luckily the last time that happened I was only 3 miles from the CSU campus and I found an open bathroom where I could run hot water over the tube to defrost the ice. I digress. So I've been looking for ways to keep running interesting. I've considered doing a "Miramont Marathon". The gym Ricki and I belong to has three locations here in town; North, Central, and South. I thought it would be fun to calculate the distance between the gyms and subtract that from 26.2 miles. I would run the remainder split up on treadmills at each location. So I would start at the South Gym, run a few miles on the treadmill, grab my pack run to the Central location, run a few miles, run to the North and finish it up. I've also never run an entire marathon on the treadmill. So I think I'll do that next week...... or the week after. Believe it or not running on the treadmill is funcitonally different than running on the road so it is good to get into it a bit before I suddenly run for 3.5-4 hours on one. So I ran 2 hours on one today. I got bored early but managed to push through. I'm going to have to put some movies on the IPod because mid day Saturday about all that is on the TVs at the gym is politics and football. I really should get into football.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
No I'm totally ok with you not getting into football!
Ricki
I agree with Rick, you don't want to get into football, sorry kirk and ken. Plus it really won't help you run. I get bored running on treatmills as well... wait I get bored running no matter what! HAH
So a lady in the Fossil Creek ward ran a marathon on a treadmill. I think it is crazy, I like the idea of running from gym to gym. Good luck. I like the new background!
Post a Comment